LICENSING PRE-QUALIFICATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NFL Properties LLC (in the United States) and NFL International LLC (internationally) (together "NFLP") have developed this website to provide pre-qualification information and forms for companies interested in having the NFL consider their unsolicited proposals for the licensing of NFL trademarks. If your company decides to seek pre-qualification, it should review the Terms and Conditions described below, download the information form, and submit the completed form and required information to NFLP by e-mail. NFLP will review the information you submit and make a determination as to whether your unsolicited proposal qualifies for the NFLP licensing program. No decision can be made by NFLP until all of your pre-qualification information has been received and verified. An overview of the pre-qualification process is set forth below. You acknowledge that the materials provided in connection with the unsolicited proposal will be reviewed and accepted or rejected in NFLP's sole discretion. You understand that neither acceptance of the unsolicited proposal nor any meetings or discussions concerning the unsolicited proposal (collectively, the "Discussions") shall constitute a license or shall be deemed to be a commitment to engage in any business relationship, contract or future dealing with your company, or limit NFLP's right to engage in any activity (on its own or with any third party), whether such activity is similar to anything contemplated during the Discussions or to conduct similar discussions with third parties.
1. How It Works. NFLP serves as the representative of the National Football League and its member professional football clubs for the licensing of their trademarks and logos (the "NFL Marks").The NFL Marks include, among others, the NFL shield, the words SUPER BOWL and PRO BOWL, the Super Bowl and Pro Bowl logos, and the team names, nicknames, colors, symbols, emblems, helmet designs and uniform designs.
The pre-qualification process requires that you submit certain information about your company for review by NFLP. The pre-qualification process is the first stage of a licensing process that involves several stages. If the information you submit on your company matches the criteria for the NFLP licensing program established by NFLP (which criteria may change from time to time), we will contact you about the possibility of your company licensing the NFL Marks; however any such license would be the subject of a separate written agreement between your company and NFLP. Neither our request for information nor your reply to the request for information constitutes an offer to contract or a solicitation by NFLP to offer a contract to your company.
2. Minimum Requirements. In order for your unsolicited proposal to be considered for the NFLP licensing program, your company MUST:
a. Have a minimum of three years of experience in manufacturing and distribution;
b. Be a manufacturer, NOT solely a middleman or distributor;
c. Have the ability to pay 100% of minimum royalty guarantee upon execution of a license agreement (typically about $100,000 per year) and be able to generate sales sufficient to meet the minimum royalty guarantee on a yearly basis;
d. Maintain from a licensed and admitted insurance carrier with a rating not less than A-VII from an A.M. Best rated insurance company a Comprehensive Commercial General Liability policy in an amount of Six Million Dollars ($6,000,000.00) per occurrence and Twelve Million Dollars ($12,000,000.00) in the aggregate; and
e. Be in compliance with all federal, state and local laws and, where applicable, international rules and regulations, including all applicable labor laws.
3. Information Required for Pre-Qualification. You will be required to submit the following pre-qualification information:
a. A completed pre-qualification information form, which includes detailed information about your company and its officers, financial information, and experience, as well as a detailed business plan and other information about your proposed use of the NFL Marks;
b. Two years of audited financial statements and/or two years of company tax returns;
c. An annual report;
d. Product catalog or sell sheets; and
e. A credit reference from a financial institution.
4. Prohibited Content. Your pre-qualification information should NOT include any confidential or proprietary creative ideas or products. If it does, NFLP's review of your pre-qualification materials will terminate immediately, and your company will be disqualified from participation in the NFLP licensing program. Accordingly, when you send us information about your company, do NOT include confidential or proprietary information, such as product concepts, designs, ideas, original artwork, or other original creative materials or suggestions. This is necessary to prevent possible future misunderstandings when products developed by our own employees or licensees might seem to others to be similar to their own creative work. You acknowledge and agree that NFLP at all times has many products and projects in various stages of development, and that the results of these endeavors may be similar or identical to your own products or projects. You further acknowledge that no confidential relationship is established by the submission of your pre-qualification information to NFLP. You understand that it is entirely up to you what information or material you disclose to NFLP, and you agree that NFLP shall have the right to assume that any information or material presented in connection with the pre-qualification information (whether or not in writing) is not subject to any confidentiality or other restriction.
If you ignore the NFLP's policy and submit any creative suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, designs or other information (collectively "Unsolicited Submissions"), you hereby assign to NFLP all rights of every nature and description, in perpetuity, throughout the world, in such Unsolicited Submissions. The Unsolicited Submissions shall be deemed, and shall remain, the sole property of NFLP. None of the Unsolicited Submissions shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on NFLP's part and NFLP shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Unsolicited Submissions. Without limitation of the foregoing, NFLP shall exclusively own all now-known and hereafter existing rights to the Unsolicited Submissions for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation of any kind to the provider of the Unsolicited Submissions.
5. Submission of Information. It is important that you follow the procedures outlined above. Once the pre-qualification form is completed, please mail it and all other requested information to NFLP New Products Department, 345 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10154. Please note that we do not accept any fax or email submissions. If the information you submit on your company matches the criteria for the NFLP licensing program established by NFLP, you will hear from NFLP within 90 days. Please do not contact us as to the status of the review of your pre-qualification information. If you do not hear from us within 90 days, please be advised that your company has not met the criteria for the NFLP licensing program established by NFLP.
6. Risk of E-mail Communications. You acknowledge and agree that e-mail is inherently not a secure method of communication, that third parties may access information sent by you to the NFLP by e-mail, that NFLP makes no representations about the security of information sent by you to NFLP, and that NFLP will not be liable for any disclosure to or subsequent use by third parties of confidential or other information sent by you to NFLP.
7. Limitations and Restrictions. All information in the online pre-qualification form must be filled in as directed. You understand that a failure to comply with this requirement is grounds for disqualification. Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions is intended to limit NFLP's sole and complete discretion to accept or reject any licensing proposal. Providing the information requested by NFLP in no way implies or guarantees that your company will be granted any rights to use or otherwise license any NFL Marks.
Agreement to Terms and Conditions
In order to participate in NFLP's pre-qualification program, you must accept the Terms and Conditions described above. We suggest that you print out a copy of these Terms and Conditions and keep them for your records. By clicking on the "I Agree" button below, you confirm that you have read the Terms and Conditions above and agree to such Terms and Conditions on behalf of the company submitting the information.
If you meet the above criteria and agree with the Terms and Conditions and are interested in the pre-qualification process, please click the "I AGREE" button to download our pre-qualification form.